Creator of this game: Fluorohydride
Download ygopro http://www.ygopro.co/Download.aspx
Community links: http://www.ygopro.co/Community/Links.aspx
Q: What is the difference between official build and modded build?
A: Modded build (Percy version) is translated to English. It also contains sound/music and can handle long card names.
Q: Please add this card 'hieroglyph dragon'. I cannot find it!
A: The card names are based on the names found at http://yugioh.wikia.com. Please make sure the card name you are searching for matches the names there.
|Still can't find the card? Then try searching the card code. If there are still no results then the card is not in the game yet.|
Q: OK I am 100% sure this card is not in the game. Please add it.
A: It takes time to program card effects. Please have some patience.
Q: This card [insert card name here] contains a bug!
A: Sometimes people are confused by the card effect and rulings. Please read the card effect text thoroughly and check the rulings.
Q: Ok I triple checked. The card contains a bug!
A: Saying "Stardust Dragon is not working, please fix it!" is NOT the way to do it. Describe the situation in detail and post a replay if possible.
A small checklist:
- What cards are on the field?
- What cards did you activate before?
- Have you met all the requirements for the card you are trying to use?
- Does any of the cards prevent you from doing something?
Q: Can you change the resolution in YGOPro?
A: This feature is available in version 1.02C
Q: How do you change the game to full screen?
A: Open system.conf with a text editor and change the fullscreen option to 1. (This feature is available in version 1.02C and up)
Q: I want to add my own cards. What do I need?
A: 1) Add a record to the cards.cdb sqlite database
2) Add corresponding pictures into the pics folder
3) Program the card effects in a .lua file in the scripts folder
Look at other files in the script folder to find out how to program card effects. For a more detailed explanation check out this page (chinese): http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1498183366
Note: Adding cards on your own is discouraged.
Q: How do you add a background song?
A: Copy any .mp3 file to the sound folder and name it 'song.mp3'
For advantage and disadvantage music: 'song-advantage.mp3' and 'song-disadvantage.mp3'
Q: How do you add a menu song?
A:Same as the previous question. But name it 'menu.mp3'
(N.B. menu music only works in version 0x1023 and up)
Q: I named my file song.mp3 but it still doesn't play
A: Windows hides file extensions by default. So your mp3 file might have become 'song.mp3.mp3'
Try naming it 'song' instead. Or turn off the hide extensions feature.
Q: I found a bug. I can't start a game because it says '[Card name] does not match current configuration'
A: This is not a bug. Change host settings to 'TCG/OCG'. And change Forbidden List to 'N/A' if you play with banned cards (but seriously people, don't play with banned cards)
Q: How do you change the background and card sleeves?
A: Look at the 'textures' folder
Q: How do you translate the game?
A: Replace the texts in 'strings.conf' to translate the gui.
The cards are stored in the cards.cdb sqlite database. Use a sqlite client to modify it.
Q: I can only activate Mystical Space Typhoon when the game asks for it. How can I force the activation?
A: Press and hold 'A'
Q: It keeps asking if I want to activate Mystical Space Typhoon in every phase! Automatic games suck.
A: Press and hold 'S'
Q: Does this work on MacOS?
A: There is no Mac version yet. Try using wine.
Q: Do you need to download a program to play this game?
Q: I downloaded the program but can't get it to start. Windows says it doesn't know what software to use.
A: Use Winrar or 7-Zip to extract the archive.
Q: What about SEGOC? (Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain)
A: Turn off "Auto Chain order" in the Settings tab
Q: The online server keeps saying Invalid Deck!
A: The server does not support the card you want to use. Please look at the tutorial if you are using Anime Edition.
Q: How can I make anime game online?
A: Please look at the tutorial
Some common mistakes
- A Stardust Dragon summoned by Starlight Road cannot special summon himself again. Because Stardust was not properly synchro summoned.
- A Shooting Star Dragon summoned by Shooting Quasar Dragon cannot special summon himself again. Same reason as above.
- You cannot special summon after Pot of Duality.
- Sangan cannot search monsters with ? ATK.
- Xyz Monsters do not have Levels.
- Dark World monster effects only work when discarded to the graveyard by a card effect. No, Lightning Vortex and Hand Destruction does not work.
- Dark Synchro monsters follow Tag Force rules. They have a positive level.
- You must have at least 2 cards in your deck to activate Pot of Avarice.